Questions & Answers
Many of the questions below can be answered by watching our video explaining how Freedom Boat Club works.
- How do I make reservations?
- Reservations can be made online through our online reservation system, or by calling a club's reservationist.
- How do I know that there will be boats available for my usage?
- Our reservation system ensures that all members have equal access to the boats, plus members can make guaranteed reservations up to six months in advance.
- Is there a limit on the number of times per year that I can go boating?
- No, boat usage is unlimited at your home location as long as the boat is available!
- Can I go boating at other Freedom Boat Club Locations?
- Yes, you can take advantage of your membership at any Freedom Boat Club location across the country! View a list of Freedom Boat Club locations.
Using the Boats
- What type of boats do you have?
- We maintain a variety of boats ranging from flats boats and fishing boats, deckboats, to bowriders, pontoons, and larger cruisers. Feel free to browse through the locations' pages and view their fleets!
- Where do I buy fuel?
- Fuel is available at or near each marina. Your boat will always be waiting with a full tank of gas.
- Do you offer boat training/safety classes?
- All of our clubs provide free training to our members regarding the safe use of our fleet. Often, members must complete this training course before reserving a boat.
- What safety equipment is on the boat?
- All boats have US Coast Guard required equipment including life jackets, a fire extinguisher, sound equipment, and flares.
- Do you rent your boats?
- We do not rent any of the boats in our fleet. This allows us to better maintain the condition of our boats and ensures the highest possible level of fleet availability to our members.
- Who can I bring with me?
- As long as a member is present, you can bring friends, family, guests, children, clients, and even pets on board with you.
- Are there any usage charges?
- No, you will have no usage charges. Your only additional cost is for the fuel that you use.
- How do you qualify members?
- Membership is open to boaters of any skill level, 21 years of age and up. Whether you've never boated before, or you've boated for years, Freedom Boat Club would love to have you as a member.
- How long has Freedom Boat Club been in business?
- Freedom Boat Club has been in business since 1989. We're the world's largest members-only boat club and we're expanding rapidly! Read more about Freedom Boat Club.