Freedom Boat Club of Tampa Bay
Freedom Boat Club of Tampa Bay is a club that allows full-time members the use of over 1,100 Boats nationwide and locally, unlimited use of over 135 boats at any of our 13 locations.
~~Welcome to Freedom Boat Club of Lake Dora & the Harris Chain of Lakes!
With more than 1,000 lakes and rivers, there’s no surprise how Lake County got its name.
The Harris Chain of Lakes is a friendly and comfortable place to visit and loaded with lake and river front communities and neighborhoods, each as unique as the people who live in them.
Outdoor activities abound as Central Florida is not only home to hundreds of waterways, but the quality of freshwater fishing and boating amenities are among the best in the state.
Our members enjoy endless boating and activities available throughout the region. Check out the top 10 our members enjoy.
1. Wakeboarding, waterskiing, hydro sliding and tubing, in several of our protected lakes right here on Lake Dora or the other five major lakes in the area.
2. Attending any number of local activities in Tavares (our current location), or Mount Dora by boat. Both locations & many more, have easy boat access to a pleura of restaurants, bars, Kids Park, Splash Zone, festivals, music, and so much more.
3. Largemouth bass and crappie are found in almost every body of water in the area. In fact, nationally televised fishing tournaments come to Lake County each year. With hundreds of lakes brimming with prize catches, anglers sometimes face a tough decision about where to cast a line.
4. The Dora Canal: One of the Best Waterways for Wildlife Viewing - The most well-known waterway in Lake County was penned in the 1930s by a leading sports writer as “the most beautiful mile of water in the world.” Lined with towering cypress trees that are draped with Spanish moss, the Dora Canal is a safe haven for nesting ospreys, herons and egrets.
5. The City of Mount Dora truly is 'someplace special,' a charming, one-hundred plus year old historic village in the heart of Central Florida on the shores of beautiful Lake Dora in the Harris Chain of Lakes. The historic downtown offers a wide array of shopping, dining, lodging, activities, wellness and entertainment...there's something for every taste.
6. Animal lovers will thrill at getting "up close and personal" with more than 300 exotic and endangered animals at Amazing Exotics Education Center and enjoy meeting adorable farm animals at Uncle Donald's Farm.
7. Wine enthusiasts shouldn't miss a tour and tasting at Lake Ridge Winery & Vineyards, one of the few wineries in Florida.
8. The Orange Blossom Cannonball Train - Get your souvenir ticket, board our 100 year old steam train and take a ride back in time. Staff wears period clothing and narrates the history of Tavares on this 2 hr., 16 mi round trip journey. Also check for special edition "Rails and Ales" "Santa" and "Cowboy" trips.
9. The Jones Bros Seaplane Rides - Take a tour from 10 minutes to 2 hours over beautiful Lake Dora. See the famous plane that Johnny Depp rode in the film "The Rum Diaries". You gotta try this. Tavares, FL is the Seaplane city, you know!
10. The Ocala National Forest is only minutes away, covering a total of 383,573 acres of well-tended woodlands, trails and natural springs.
Our 13 locations in the bay area are unique in many ways. The Tampa location is at the marina that houses the popular Hula Bay Club and members can enjoy the pool, food and magnificent waterfront views. At our Treasure Island location, we are based out of the Treasure Bay Hotel. Members have full access to the pool and hot tub, as well as a discounted rate if they choose to spend the night and take advantage of John’s Pass and the surrounding area.
The John’s Pass Marina location, with direct access to the Gulf of Mexico, the many stores, restaurants and beaches along Gulf Boulevard. In Tarpon Springs, members can enjoy the short walk from the marina and enjoy the historical Sponge Docks and the many incredible restaurants. The Clearwater location is located just minutes from the famous Clearwater Aquarium and Clearwater Beach recently awarded the “Best Beach in America” by Trip Advisor. The Ruskin location is located at the beautiful Little Harbor Marine Resort. Our members can enjoy 2 restaurants, 2 pools a hot tub and a private beach overlooking Tampa Bay. St. Pete is conveniently located in the downtown waterfront, boasting great restaurants and the areas’ best shopping. Our Tierra Verde location is minutes away from Fort De Soto state park and is located at the beautiful Tierra Verde Resort and Marina. Our Hernando Beach location at the Hernando Beach Marina just minutes to the beautiful Gulf of Mexico with the area’s best scalloping. Lake Tarpon is at the Vista Hotel with use of the pool and hot tub, as well as a very nice discount at the hotel. Mt. Dora is as pretty as it gets, with access to the Lake Harris chain of lakes. Many miles of fresh water can be enjoyed. Each location is ideally located to enjoy the best destination boating and fishing in Florida!
Call Freedom Boat Club of Tampa Bay to schedule your complimentary tour of the boat club and the marina of your choice today. Choose from Family style Bow Riders, Deck Boats, as well as Pontoons or any of our many different style fishing and offshore Center Consoles.
Fishing, Skiing, Tubing, Site Seeing and more…Boating made simple (pets welcome)…Join the Freedom Boat Club of Tampa Bay…the Alternative to Boat Ownership.