Top 8 Questions to Ask a Boat Club Before Joining
Well that’s a question we hear regularly, and it’s a smart one for those considering boat club membership.
We suggest meeting 1:1 with the boat club membership executive, touring the facility and checking out the fleet. Get a feel for the people, their level of professionalism, and the facility. Ask for member referrals.
Here are some questions you might ask.
- How long has the club been in business and how many active members does it have?
- Can you boat at other locations, or only where you join?
- How many boats are in the fleet, and how old are they?
- What is the boat-to-member ratio?
- What is the policy for reserving a boat, and what steps ensure you’ll have a boat when you want and need it?
- How do you make reservations?
- What type of training is provided?
- What type of insurance coverage is provided for members?
Ask to see the insurance summary and certificate of insurance.
These are just a few important topics that will allow you to analyze the options. Good luck in finding the best club for your lifestyle